12/1/11 Update: Currently the portfolio reviews are sold out, if you would like to be added to the waiting list, please email email@example.com. There are still spots available for the morning marketing seminar. Austin Center for Photography (which I'm a board member of) and ASMP Austin/San Antonio have teamed up to produce a day of events geared towards professional and semi-pro editorial and commercial photographers. We're dubbing it the Texas Photo Roundup and if you live in Texas, you don't want to miss it!
February 3, 2012
One Day, Two Great Events
Marketing Strategies + Portfolio Reviews
Save the date for this one! Registration opens soon.
ASMP Austin/San Antonio and Austin Center for Photography invite you to join commercial and editorial photography industry experts for a three hour interactive morning seminar and panel discussion. This event is geared to both emerging and professional editorial and commercial photographers who are looking to kick their business into high gear. Topics that will be covered by our experts include:
- Defining your target market
- Creating a marketing plan
- Making the most of your marketing dollars
- Choosing the strongest images for your marketing
- Strategies for print and email marketing
- Social media marketing
You will also have a chance to share your current promotional materials, home page or social media strategy with the group and have them critiqued by the panelists. Follow us on twitter for details!
Please come prepared with specific questions for the included Q&A session with the panel of experts.
- Jennifer Kilberg, Creative Consultant
- Matthew Mahon, Commercial and Editorial Photographer
- Shannon McMillan, Senior Art Producer, GSD&M
- Allen Murabayashi, co-founder of Photoshelter
- Amanda Sosa Stone, Creative Consultant
- Zana Woods, Director of Photography, Wired Magazine
- Alison Zavos, founder of FeatureShoot.com and Social Media Consultant
Join us for an amazing opportunity to get your work in front of potential clients. This event will give you 20-minute one-on-one meetings with prominent art buyers, photo editors, artist reps, and industry experts.
This event is geared towards professional and semi-professional commercial and editorial photographers.
Confirmed reviewers from a variety of top notch companies will be reviewing work, including:
- Texas Monthly Magazine
- Door Number 3
- Men's Health Magazine
- Renee Rhyner
- Wired Magazine
Registration opens October 18, 2011.
Questions? Email us at jasmine (at) jasminedefoore (dot) com.