I just returned from three (was meant to be four... thanks a lot American Airlines) days in quaint, charming and lush Charlottesville, Virginia and the fabulous Look3 Festival of the Photograph. Look3's motto is "Peace. Love. Photography." and they do a great job at celebrating all three. Here's a list of some highlights, in no particular order:
- Lynsey Addario's heart-wrenching and inspiring presentation of the work she has done on women's issues over the last 15 years.
- Robin Schwartz's presentation of "Amelia's World": Portraits of her daughter with various animals. Her daughter has a magical gift for connecting with animals.
- Camille Seaman's wonderful telling of venturing into the world of Arctic and Antarctic photography, and how we are all connected in this world. So inspiring!
- Burgers and meeting the rest of the Prime Collective members
- Timothy Archibald's fantastic "Echolilia" project, in which he and his autistic son embark on a photographic journey together
- Simon Norfolk's Astra3B series
- Swimming in the river on our last day, while a bunch of baptisms were performed right behind us.
'Til next year everyone!